Monday, September 13, 2010

Honey-Do List

If you've ever heard me talk about my husband (on a day he hasn't been on my bad side), then I've probably told you how talented the man really is, despite what he'll admit to.  A man that can do anything.  I'm truly amazed. Room by room, he's remodeled our house, doing everything himself with little help.  From plumbing to custom cabinets (which is what he does for a living with his dad).  Clayton can do it all!  Jimmy, Mel's husband, excels in drywall, but I've come to find he dabbles in a bit of everything too.  I can't tell you what a blessing it has been to have husbands that can do anything they put their mind to.

Our blessing is their curse.

When Mel and I said we decided to do the construction work "ourselves" to save money, what we really meant was, "Honey-do for Honey D's?"  So, Mel and I weren't the only ones that have been hit with a few Un-Expectations. (Yes!  They went into it, knowing that Jimmy may have to put up a few walls and Clayton would do the cabinets.  We aren't evil!)  But for Jimmy, what started with a few walls being put up, and a couple of walls moved turned out to be a public handicap accessible restroom: ramp included.  And for Clayton, what started with a few cabinets, turned into merchandising shelves, a display case, and menu board.   But they've had great attitudes about the whole thing.  Clayton even stained my shelves twice to make sure it was the perfect deep black that I wanted!

So, here we are throwing out a big THANK YOU to our Honeys who have worked so hard on Honey D's.

Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment