Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Keep the cookie dream from crumbling!

Well, I just launched our project on Kickstarter tonight:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/515841504/keep-the-cookie-dream-from-crumbling?ref=email

What's Kickstarter?  I'll let Liz Chou tell you in her words on her blog Life With Cookies and Other Sweet Surprises!

"Basically, people with a cool idea or cool project, but not enough money, meet people -- local or global -- who can fund it, in small pieces, with the twist that the money they pledge will be collected from them only if the project reaches 100 percent of its funding goal."
"In essence, Kickstarter allows people with creative projects to build pages on the site to describe the work they hope to do and the costs they face, and, crucially, to offer various rewards and benefits to potential backers in exchange for pledges of support. They share samples of their previous works, describe their new projects with audio or video clips, and provide links to more robust websites related to the project at hand. The hope is that their fundraising effort will go viral, providing them with capital and their backers with some nifty goodies and a sense of a communal job well done."
I stumbled on this website by accident when I was reading an MSN article related to new business owners.  I never knew such a site existed but what a wonderful concept! Ms. Chou's project was successfully funded and she is on her way to re-launching her company The Cookie Chew.
As most of you know if you're following this blog, Tiffany and I are close to completion on the construction.  We have the funds to get the building completed, my worry now is that I won't be able to purchase the last of the items I need to get open.  They are mostly small ticket items but still essential to the success of the store.  For instance, Tiffany purchased forks, which was fine if we were only offering cheesecake or cookies but with soup on the menu we will need spoons as well, and while we're at it, bowls would be nice too.  I have a wonderful refrigerated display case and another case Tiffany's husband is making for the cookies but I haven't purchased the trays that hold the cookies yet.  I'm discovering that all these things add up to more money than I think I will have left over.  In addition, I need to purchase the initial product supplies like packaging and ingredients. 
I sure could use some breathing room here so if you think you would like to help out, check out the link.  It's set up for 30 days, if after that time we haven't raised the money, you're off the hook, and I'm not out anything either.
Either way, we will get there somehow!
M

No comments:

Post a Comment