Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Desserts spelled backwards is Stressed

So, the paint went up and we're actually seeing some progress. It's kind of freaking me out! Supposed to be having another 'labor day' weekend on the horizon very soon to paint the kitchen and bathroom. But even after that, there is so much to do, so many things to purchase, and then we still have to buy supplies, hire a couple of part-timers, cook everything, and finally open (and I'm sure I didn't cover everything). We only think our lives are hectic now. With Mel and I already working full-time jobs, doing this on the side will make our current life look like a piece of cheesecake!

When we first started this, we were losing sleep due to all of the excitement and constant ideas that would pop into our minds, only leading the path for more ideas. We couldn't shut our brains down long enough to rest. Throughout the initial stages of starting the business, I was in awe. "We're really going to do this, aren't we?" I kept asking Mel. Now, I can't sleep because I'm stressed. Frequently thinking about what all still needs to happen. After we open, I'll probably still have lack of sleep because I'm doing laundry at midnight. When else will I have time to do it?

The stress, though, actually brings me closer to my faith. Troublesome times seem to do that, you know. So, I keep telling myself that God will get us through. The Bible tells me to do all to the glory of God and that's what I'm trying to focus on. It helps calm me, and maybe I can get some sleep and dream about DESSERTS, and not about being STRESSED.

Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment